Wednesday, June 3, 2009

There's a new Mensch in town--Menchie's is Destination Yogurt

I know, I know you must be thinking yogurt shops are a dime a dozen these days--Pinkberry, Snowberry, Humphrey's, and Yogurtland--what's the difference? They are all the same. Well if you think all yogurt shops are treated equal, you haven't driven down Ventura Boulevard lately and seen the line out the door of Menchie's, the newest addition to the valley yogurt landscape. And like you, I wondered what's all this hype about yogurt? But after my first visit, I understood why people are drawn to this new kitchsy spot.

Menchie’s is the brainchild of Danna and Adam, whose passion and love for creating the perfect frozen yogurt quickly transformed into the ultimate fro-yo lover’s paradise. Other frozen yogurt stores offer a limited amount of choices and charge customers for every flavor or topping they order, but at Menchie’s customers serve themselves the perfect yogurt mix by choosing from a wide variety of delicious flavors and toppings that you pay for by the ounce.

I think the appeal of Menchie's is threefold: First and foremost it has a wide variety of great tasting yogurt and a plethora of yummy toppings; Second you can customize the mix of yogurt and toppings to your liking and you have the ability to dispense the exact amount of yogurt that you want to buy; and third it has tremendously catchy branding with the name (how cute is the word Menchie, which btw is a play on the Yiddish word 'Mensch' which means to be a good person), cute logo and colorfully inviting environment (its definitely a place that you want to hang out).

Maybe its the whole friendly do-it-yourself welcoming vibe, but I find Menchie's yogurt incredibly tasty! This yogurt seems more intensely flavored and full bodied than its competitor's and I personally LOVE Cake Batter (yummy, creamy and tastes very much like cake batter), and I also think Cookies and Cream and Tart Apple Yogurt (which tastes like a sour apple Jolly Rancher) are equally delicious.

I went to the Woodland Hills location this past Saturday night with some of my oldest and dearest friends, and they couldn't believe how packed this place was, but once they tried it they understood the appeal. My friends, hubby and I had such fun eating the tasty yogurt and hanging around outside, I felt like I was in high school again hanging out with my posse.

The Posse from left to right: My Matchmaker Kristine, Her Honey Love Scott, Debsala, My Hunky Hubby Doug and Me

As the summer heat quickly approaches, do yourself a favor and give Menchie's a try, I know you won't be disappointed :-)

Romy's Raves Readers Perk Alert: Visit the Sherman Oaks, California Menchie's location anytime in the month of June and mention Romy Raves when you checkout for a Buy One, Get the Second One Half Off Perk--Enjoy this yummy bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment