Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring Cleaning--Out with the Old in with the New

It's that time of year again, the time when I get insanely crazed about cleaning out the closets, drawers etc. and getting rid of the clutter that I have accumulated during the year--The build up of this stuff makes me crazy! And then along comes Spring, beckoning me to purge, clean, declutter and free myself of the burdens of the last year, and as much as I resist it, I equally love the freedom I feel when the purge is done, the crap is gone. I feel free, lighter, open, ready for the new possibilities that come my way. It's like a new door is open and anything can enter, and I welcome it.


If you have never tired this, I highly recommend it. But don't get overwhelmed by trying to do it all at once; do it in small manageable steps, one drawer at a time. Get rid of those things you haven't touched in a year and that are just taking up space. Then after you complete the entire process over a few weeks, donate your excess it to charity, sell it on Ebay or have a garage sale (I personally love these sales--I find the people that come to them fascinating and of course getting a little extra cash always helps). After you have completed this process, notice how it feels to be organized and unburdened, pay attention to the openess and the clarity.



I am in the process of doing this right now and as I slowly peel away the layers of the onion, I truly notice a difference, like I am clearing out a space for change, growth, new possibilities. Yet, becasue it is a slow process, I get frustrated that it takes so long but realize that this is part of the process. I wish I could blink and 'poof ' the clutter would disappear, but that's just not the case. I need to take the time to digest it all, once phase at a time and slowly evolve into a new place. And I am looking forward to getting there--won't you join me??


Romy
Springing into Clean

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do we get info to you that you may want to write about on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comments always welcome at romy@romyraves.com. We totally want to know what you think and what you need. Think of a good idea we should cover, just let us know and stay tuned..

    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete