Monday, April 20, 2009

Face Looking Sluggish? Got Facial?

Anyone who knows me, knows I am obessesed with all things beauty, especially getting regular facials. Since I was about 16 years old, I have been diligently getting regular facials and I think it has made a huge difference in my skin. The reason I am committed to regular facials is because I feel like it is a necessary treatment that cleans out the congestion and sludge that clogs my skin, which makes it look old, tired and weathered. And at forty-ish, I want to look youthful, fresh and perky as often as I can!

Now I know what you must be thinking, in this economy the last thing I want to do is spend my hard earned cash on is a facial, right? You're probably thinking, I can take a nice steamy shower, put on a drugstore mask (BTW Queene Helene Mint Julep Masque costs around three bucks at your local drugstore and it rocks--I was in my green faced glory last night and loved it!), rub on a good moisturizer and you are done. I beg to differ, because my face and pores get really congested living in LA and I need the skilled extractions of a pro to make a difference--homegrown facials just don't cut it for me.

Enter Marlene Weber's $40 introductary facials ($45-50 thereafter) http://www.skincarebymarlene.vpweb.com/ Marlene is an LA based seasoned pro, who uses beautiful skin changing natural/organic products, does masterful extractions (for me this is the primary benefit of regular facials), amazing peels and is an esthetician at one of the chichi spas around town where the going rate is almost triple. When I leave her home-based office after an hour or so, I am smiling, fresh faced and glowing. For forty bucks, how can you afford not too? And tell her Romy sent you.

And if you are not in the LA area, I am confidant that there are many places to get affordable, high quality facials around the country, just do your homework.

TTFN,
Romy, The One Who Raves

No comments:

Post a Comment